After announcing the birth of her daughter on Instagram, Gigi Hadid couldn't resist putting our taste buds to the test with one of her newest recipes. In an Instagram story, the model demonstrates how to make pasta with vodka. That's right, carbs and alcohol in one dish. And while we can only go off of how it looks virtually, the recipe does seem like the perfect concoction for a creamy, tomato-based Italian delight. Want to try it out for yourself? Check out the recipe below.
- 1 shallot
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of pressed (or finely chopped) garlic
- 200 grams of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons of distilled vodka
- 450 grams of penne
- 120 ml crème fraîche
- 50 grams of Parmigiano Reggiano
- fresh basil
- half a teaspoon of chilli flakes
1) Put the olive oil in a hot pan then add shallots and garlic. Sauté all ingredients.
2) Next, add the tomato puree, chilli flakes and fresh basil, followed by salt and pepper to taste. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
3) While the sauce is boiling, cook the pasta al dente.
4) Melt butter in a separate pan and add the cooked pasta.
5) Then, add the tomato sauce and crème fraîche to the pasta over high heat while stirring.
6) Now it is time to add the vodka and stir again, then remove the pan from the heat.
7) Spoon half of the parmesan cheese into the pasta until melted.
And there you have it! Sprinkle the rest of the fresh basil and cheese over the pasta and enjoy!